Premium 12-Input 4-Bus Mixer with 16x4 USB/FireWire Interface, 16-Track USB Recorder, XENYX Mic Preamps & Compressors, British EQs and Multi-FX Processor
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer with integrated 24-Bit/96 kHz USB/FireWire* interface and 16-track USB recorder
- Built-in 16x4 interface connects directly to your computer and supports Mac* OS X* and Windows XP* or higher
- Integrated 16-track USB recorder allows for instant recordings of your studio or live sessions
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps with individual Phantom Power switches
- 4 studio-grade Compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- Studio-grade stereo FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Illuminated MIDI Transport section to remote-control your DAW/Sequencer on PC/Mac
- 2 HI-Z inputs for direct connection of guitars, 4 Channel Inserts and balanced Main Mix outputs on ¼" TRS and XLR connectors
- 2 Aux Sends per channel
- all pre/post fader switchable, 2 stereo Aux Returns and separate CD/Tape input
- Solo-In-Place with PFL/AFL function plus full-featured Talkback section
- Comprehensive Monitor section with separate level controls for speaker and headphones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders (100 mm on Main Mix) and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The incredible XENYX UFX1204 is one of the best-sounding 12-Input, 4-Bus compact live-sound mixers you’ve ever heard, thanks to 4 premium-grade XENYX Mic Preamps, “oneknob” Compressors, 3-band mono-channel British EQs with sweepable Mid band – and a world-class, 24-bit Multi-FX processor. But the XENYX UFX1204 is light-years beyond the average live-performance mixer; it also provides the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings.
Along with a built-in 16 x 4 USB/FireWire audio interface, the UFX1204 comes with a download license for the legendary, and easy to use Tracktion 4 Music Production Software – a suite that will instantly turn your computer system into your very own personal, high-performance home recording studio. Plus, you can use the UFX1204’s built-in 16-Track USB-Recorder to record your next live gig (or session) directly to a USB stick – or your PC/Mac computer. Additionally, the UFX1204’s transport section can even function as remote control for your computer-based DAW via its convenient, onboard MIDI capability.
Buit-in 16-Track Recorder
The UFX1204 mixer makes it easy to capture your live performances or home recording sessions. Just plug a USB stick into the rear panel, hit the record button on the 16-track recorder control interface – then relax and enjoy the show. When you get home from the gig, you can even control your compatible computer-based DAW using the UFX1204’s transport via MIDI.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The XENYX UFX1204 gets its name from our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps off er a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the XENYX UFX1204 provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs find challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX UFX1204 mixer.
Sublimely Musical British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on your UFX1204 mixer is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
Mono channels on the UFX1204 benefit from our highly musical “British” 3-band EQ with semi-parametric Mid controls, allowing you to dial in the ideal frequency centers and boost or cut by as much as 15 dB – for incredibly-accurate tonal optimization. All mic channels also feature individually-switchable, true +48 V phantom power, so you can use top-of-the-line studio condenser microphones – a feature virtually unheard of on a mixer in this class!
*FireWire, Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows XP is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictribe.com.