Classic Leveling Amplifier with Vacuum Tubes, Optical Attenuator and MIDAS Transformers
- Classic tube compressor/leveling amplifier modeled after the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*
- Completely discrete signal path
- Premium selection 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes
- Lag-free optical attenuator based on original electroluminescent technology
- Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/
- 1 dB
- Gain Limiting: 0 to 30 dB
- Ultra-fast attack time: 10 milliseconds
- Release time: 50 milliseconds to 5 seconds
- Adjustable stereo-link connection
- Variable pre-emphasis for digital audio recording and broadcasting transmission
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
If ever there is an official "Audio Technology Hall of Fame", it will definitely include a shrine to the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*. We pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our KT-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier. And while vintage Teletronix LA-2As are extremely rare and expensive, the KT-2A is amazingly affordable - and designed for the 21st Century. Mastering quality compression and limiting, at a price point that makes the KT-2A equally at home in your studio - and your live rack!
Building on a Classic
The KT-2A draws inspiration from the original Teletronix LA-2A leveling amplifier, which was first produced in the early 1960s. Since then, Teletronix leveling amplifiers have been prized for their smooth musical sound, and audio engineers have utilised them at all stages of the recording process - from tracking to mastering.
A Class Act
At the heart of the KT-2A is a vintage lag-free optical attenuator based on the very same electroluminescent technology used in its predecessor. The KT-2A is constructed from the highest-quality discrete components - all of which meet or exceed the LA-2A's original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the KT-2A brings unparalleled precision and superb signal integrity into the new audio age.
The Warm Sound of Tubes
KT-2A owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes. This time-tested combination provides ultra low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
MIDAS has earned an impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build-quality, and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps, considered by experts as the industry's best-sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
KLARK TEKNIK is proud to incorporate custom-designed MIDAS Input and Output transformers in the KT-2A for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS' amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Tribe. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at musictribe.com.